Down Pillow Care
Please remember the following tips on how to care for down pillows. The less often you clean your down pillow insert, the longer it will last. Washing them approximately once a year should keep them fresh.
- Always keep your down insert covered with a slip cover or sham. This will keep dust, dirt and body oils away from the insert at all times.
- If you have allergies, you can add an extra layer of protection by buying a pillow cover. This serves as a buffer between your insert and your sham.
- Launder or dry clean your sham as directed. Never wash the sham and the pillow together. Always follow the manufacturer’s care label for your sham. If no care label is found, always dry clean.
- Most down pillows can be washed in cold water with a mild detergent or down wash, on a gentle cycle. Try to place an even number of pillows in your washer to avoid an uneven load.
- After the wash cycle has completed, squeeze any excess water from your pillows. Do not be alarmed if your pillow’s wet feathers smell stronger. That is normal and the odor will fade after you have dried them.
- Tumble dry on the lowest setting and place 1-2 clean tennis balls in the dryer with your down items. This will help them retain their bounce and move the fill around as it drys. You may have to run the dryer cycle 1-2 times until they are fully dry. After each cycle, shake your pillows and break up any feather clump, if necessary.
- Store your clean unused down pillows in a dry, well-ventilated area to avoid mildew.
Looking for decorative pillows in Sonoma? Visit our Santa Rosa showroom for a wide selection.